November Morning

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Break

I recently spent Fall Break with my family in Colorado.  It was fun to have the chance to go home and spend quality time with my family since I don't get to see them too often.  It was especially nice to spend time with my brothers because sometimes I feel like I don't really know them since I left home when they were both so little.  It is exciting to see the young men they have grown into and the personalities they have developed.  My parents also both took time off of work so that we could have some fun time as a family.  It's always fun to go home because I get to eat at restaurants I've missed.  We also did a lot of shopping and took the guys in my family to the new Ikea in Denver because they had never been.  My mom and dad were also kind enough to help me make my Halloween costume.  You'd like to think that once your child is 24 years old you wouldn't have to concern yourself with making a costume for her, but I guess that's what you get when your child teaches elementary school.  My costume is a Christmas elf and it turned out really cute.  I can't wait to put it all together tomorrow and have so much fun at school on Halloween!  Halloween is seriously my very favorite day at school!  While I was home, I was also able to catch up with a couple of old friends which was fun.  I had a great time with my family and I was sad to leave them, but it was good to come home to my wonderful husband whom I missed while I was away.  Unfortunately Dave could not come because he was working, but he did have plenty of time to catch up on uninterrupted video game time. :)

My brother Jeremy carved his Halloween pumpkin which turned out great!

My brother Jason spent lots of time playing video games.  He also took me for a ride in the FJ that he drives.  It was fun, but also a little wierd because I will forever think of him as too young to drive.

My parents were kind enough to cook a meal that I love!  My mom made mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top.  I encouraged her to use Halloween marshmallows and, as you can see, they expanded quite a bit.  My dad grilled salmon which was delicious, especially since I haven't had it in forever.


After I came back from my Fall Break visit to Colorado, I was headed back to work.  It was a busy week for me because I spent a lot of time preparing for SEP Conferences.  Thursday night was especially long having to conference with parents all evening.  When I got home, I saw a vase of beautiful roses waiting for me.  Dave knew that I had a long day and so he wanted to do something nice for me.  It made me feel so loved and thankful for the kind person Dave is.  That was a good reminder to me to always be looking for ways to make your partner happy and brighten his/her day in any simple way you can.  Like I said, it was so good to spend time with my family over Fall Break, but it was also so good to get back to my new family with a husband who loves me and always makes me smile.





No comments:

Post a Comment