November Morning

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Welcome to our Blog!

Welcome to our very first blog post!  We're excited to have a fun way to share our life with our friends and family!

This weekend we had the fun experience of buying our first car together as a couple.  Dave's car has been giving us trouble and costing us too much money.  We decided it would be best to trade it in while we can still get some money out of it.  It was an emotional experience for Dave because he has had a lot of fun doing projects to his car to make it cooler and faster.  In a way it was like saying goodbye to a younger Dave and saying hello to a more grown up Dave.  We both wanted a car that is more reliable and family friendly.  Dave spent a lot of time researching online and we decided to buy a Mazda CX-7.  We love this car because it is beautiful, spacious, and much bigger than anything we've had.  Now it won't be so inconvenient to buy furniture!  We are looking forward to many fun years and road trips with our new car! :)

Dave saying one last goodbye to his precious baby. :(

Our beautiful new car!

We've had fun driving it around.  I have to admit that I'm still kind of uncomfortable driving it just because I'm so worried about something happening to it.  That feeling will probably wear off, but for now I'm driving extra cautiously because we all know that in Utah your driving ability only counts for a small percentage of the safety of your vehicle. :)

This weekend we've also had some fun Halloween oriented adventures.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays!  I wanted to make sure we did fun Halloween things every weekend in the month of October.  We started out by seeing Dream House on Friday night.  I was hoping to see a really great scary movie, but that was not the case.  While the movie was decent, it was not so much of a scary movie as it was just a thriller so I was pretty disappointed. 

On Saturday night we went on the Halloween River Cruise.  I got a Groupon to do it half price, so we thought we'd give it a try.  You basically get on a boat with about 30 other people and go up and down a section of the Provo River looking at lit up jack-o-lanterns while being told Halloween jokes and stories.  It is kind of underwhelming, but it was still fun to do something different.

While its kind of hard to tell, this is a picture taken from the boat of the dock, Halloween lights, and jack-o-lanterns.






We also made caramel apples for the first time. :)

My sister, Jennifer, is heating the caramel.


This is me dipping the apples in caramel.


Enjoying the caramel apples!


I have also decided to start a collection.  I've always wanted to collect something, but nothing has appealed to me enough until now.  I am starting a Department 56 Halloween Village collection.  This is similar to the Christmas Villages that people collect and display, only it is Halloween themed which is so much more fun!  I got my very first piece this weekend which is the Haunted Tree House. 


Stay tuned for more blog posts and Halloween adventures!



3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad I am going to be able to keep up with you here. Yay for the new car. I will admit I was shocked when I saw that Dave got rid of his car! Who will be driving the new one more? That is a cool collection idea. Ben and I are a little bit boring in our collection choice. We collect a magnet whenever we go to a new place :) Well I miss you guys like crazy! I hope I get to see you in December. I want to see your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You have a blog?! How exciting! It was so great to see you the other day at school! You are such a sweetheart and I miss working with you! I'm glad I get to keep up on your comings and goings!

    ReplyDelete