November Morning

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween 2011

We had a fun Halloween this year!  The night before, my sister and I made Halloween mini cupcakes to take to some of the neighbors and the ladies I visit teach.  Dave and I dropped off all the treats and had a nice time visiting with our neighbors.  The more I get to know our neighbors, the more thankful I am to live in such a nice nieghborhood with great people.  I look forward to many years of happiness in the place we have chosen to call home.  Monday morning (Halloween) I got up extra early to make sure I would have plenty of time to get ready in my costume.  I decided to be a Christmas elf this year and it turned out great!  Halloween is seriously my favorite day of the whole school year.  Everyone is in a good mood and it's just plain fun!  While I was a little disappointed that some of my students didn't know what I was (I mean come on, have they ever heard of Christmas???) I still had a great day!  My costume was fun, but it was also slightly annoying because of the number of jingle bells I was wearing.  You could seriously hear me coming from a mile away.  I guess it was pretty fitting then for me to lead the school costume parade.  The evening was also fun because it was our first time getting to pass out candy to trick-or-treaters.  We ordered a pizza, put on the TV, and took tons of delight in answering every doorbell ring (even though the majority of the trick-or-treaters came before it was ever dark- I thought that was some kind of rule, but apparently not).

A big thank you to my mom and dad for helping me make this costume!

My cute class!

Unfortunately I do not have a picture of Dave because he did not dress up. :(  I told him he should be Santa Claus so we could match, but he wasn't too keen on the idea.  Dave was a good sport though about handing out candy and we had a fun night spending our first Halloween together in our very own house!

1 comment:

  1. i love your costume! (and boo to dave for not dressing up!)

    ReplyDelete