November Morning

Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Surprise

Dave and I are very excited that our small family of two will now grow to a family of three!  We are expecting a baby this fall, some time around October 17th.  It is so exciting to think of how our family will change and that we will have an opportunity to parent together!  Well, Dave and I have known for a few months that we are expecting but we wanted to keep it a secret until 12 weeks of my pregnancy had passed just in case I had a miscarriage.  We decided to tell our families on Easter as a fun Easter surprise!  Dave just wanted to call his family but I wanted to tell my family in a creative way.  I sent my family an Easter present (which was an Easter basket) and card.

The card had specific directions.


I had to give such specific directions in order to ensure that everyone was there to open the basket so that they would all find out at the same time.

The eggs were numbered to go from less obvious hints to more obvious hints, even though my family said they figured it out by the second egg.

My family called me after they opened the Easter basket and they were really exctied for us!  My brothers hope that I have a boy, but we'll see what happens.  I think I need to get a family bet going.  It was also fun to call all of Dave's family to share the good news with them!  Telling everyone has made it all seem so real.  The day after Easter, Dave and I went to a doctor appointment and we heard our baby's heartbeat.  That was incredible!  We are thrilled to be parents and excited to finally share our happy news with all of our family and friends!

3 comments:

  1. YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! Congrats! You two will be awesome parents! I'm so excited for you guys! Being a mom is wonderful and gives you so much joy. I never understood what that really meant until I had Claire. You have long days, too, but they are worth it!
    I hope you are feeling well! I am just so happy for you guys! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to pictures of the eggs! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you announced it to your family! so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete