November Morning

Saturday, April 21, 2012

The First Trimester

Well, my first trimester has come and gone.  For many women, the first trimester can be very unpleasant.  I am grateful that my experience was not that way.  I never felt nauseous or sick.  If I hadn't been trying to get pregnant, I probably wouldn't have even known. Dave and I orginally planned on getting pregnant a few months later than we did, but my doctor seemed pretty worried that I would be able to get pregnant without fertility drugs.  He suggested that I start trying earlier, so that if it didn't work, by the time I originally planned to get pregnant I could already be tyring a fertility treatment.  Well, it worked the first month we tried! 

Pregnancy is such a mystery because it happens differently for every woman.  I personally think that a sweet spirit really needed to come to earth now and knew that the only way his/her logical and well planned out mother would even consider deviating from her plan would be to hear a message of urgency and concern from a doctor.  Even though we will have a baby sooner than our original plan, we are both thrilled and so excited to be parents!

This is me 8 weeks pregnant.

This is me at the end of my first trimester- 13 weeks pregnant.

Maybe it's the dress, but it kind of seems like my belly looks bigger in the 8 week picture than the 13 week picture.  :)  I still don't think other people can really tell at all unless they know that I am pregnant.  However, according to my pregnancy app, the second trimester should bring a huge growth sprout and along with it, a bigger belly!

3 comments:

  1. You look so darn cute with a bump, Jessica! I'm so excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica!! Congrats!!! I need to add your blog to our blog list so I remember to look at it! Luckily Nicolette texted me and said to check your blog. ;) so I am SO SO SO excited for you and glad things are going well so far with your pregnancy!! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!! Oh and i will be in UT for 3 weeks in June and would LOVE to see you!! Let me know if you'll be in town!! Miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete