November Morning

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Nursery

Over Spring Break I decided to paint the room we will use as a nursery in our home.  The whole process of painting is not very much fun but I do love the end results.  Plus, our house is just so white, it needs color! 

 Well, I got the room taped and a first coat finished with on the first day.  But by that evening my back was in so much pain.  I was dreading doing the second coat the next day.  Luckily my sister agreed to help me.  She was nice enough to do all of the parts with the big roller while I followed after her painting close to the baseboards and ceiling. 

I wanted to do a grey and yellow nursery with the walls being grey and all the accessories being yellow.  Well, for some reasong the grey color I chose turned out to be on the bluish side of grey.  I wasn't too happy about it, but it certainly didn't bother me enough to re-paint the room.  I guess the blue shade was just a sign of things to come!  Now that the painting is done, it's time for the fun part.  We still need all of the major furniture pieces as well as all the cute decorations.  Time to go shopping!

1 comment: