November Morning

Monday, June 4, 2012

We're Having a Boy!

Well, my pregnancy has continued to go along smoothly.  The only things I suffer from are daily stuffy and bloody noses which partially inhibit my ability to breathe.  I continue to use a saline spray for my nose and sleep with a humidifier so as to ease these annoying pregnancy symptoms.  I do feel grateful though that this has been my biggest problem.  I continue to grow every day and have enjoyed feeling my baby move around inside of me!  It's also been fun to have an excuse to buy some new clothes!

This is me at 16 weeks.

This is me at 20 weeks.

Despite my desire to not find out what we were having, I ended up being persuaded to find out the gender at my 20 week ultrasound.  We were both thrilled, especially Dave, to find out that we are having a boy!  We have decided to name him Dawson which means son of David.  The ultrasound was really exciting because we finally got to take a peek at what is happening inside of me.  Dave said that the ultrasound finally made everything seem more real to him because he could actually see our baby.  I was relieved that all is normal and healthy with our boy.  The ultrasound technician said that our baby is measuring about a week big.  This means that I could potenitally have my baby a week earlier or I might just have a bigger baby.  Because of work and scheduling I really hope that my baby comes exactly on October 17th or any day after; earlier isn't ideal for me.  We'll just have to see what happens.  Unfortunately the baby wouldn't turn to give us a cute profile picture (I guess he prefers to either look sraight up or down) but I love the pictures we did get and I love watching the DVD of our ultrasound too!

This is a view from the top of his head looking down.

This is a view of his right leg.

This is his spine.

Ultrasound technology is amazing to me!  Getting the ultrasound has been the best part of pregnancy for me; it's made me so excited to meet my sweet Dawson.  We decided to celebrate finding out that we are having a boy by buying some cute clothes.  While I was pretty disappointed to see that baby apparel is nearly 75% female, we managed to find a few cute items to start Dawson's wardrobe.

Parenthood is something Dave and I both find to be exciting and scary at the same time.  We're looking forward to the new adventure that awaits us.  I'm glad I get to share the experience with my best friend.


6 comments:

  1. Congrats guys! I love the name Dawson! So cute! I have noticed during my baby shopping that Carter's has super cute boy clothes and they have amazing sales! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes as smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, I'm your newest follower. Love your blog! Parenting is scary, and tiring, frustrating, oh, I better stop. You two will be great parents! And it's all worth it, even the tiring and frustrating times.

    Susan


    Learning With Susie Q

    susieqsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! I've always been disappointed shopping for my boys, the selection just isn't the same! But I've never had a problem getting them clothes! Maybe it's easier to have to choose from so many! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the selection of boys clothes is truly terrible. Maybe you will just have to sew some of your own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so excited for you guys!! i bet dave is so happy to be having a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a little boy! I don't know anything about parenting them but I'll be sure to come to you one day when I have one! :) You look great and I hope your pregnancy continues to go smoothly! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete