November Morning

Monday, August 6, 2012

Pregnancy Update

Well, my pregnancy continues to move right along.  I can't believe that I'm already in the third trimester.  I am currently 29 weeks pregnant and growing every day.

This is me at 24 weeks.

This is me at 28 weeks.

For the longest time it has seemed like October is so far away.  Now it is just two months away and I don't know where the time has gone.  I'm not at all anxious for Dawson to come.  I'm actually terrified.  I get severe anxiety in medical/hospital situations so I don't like to think about it much.  I'm not scared to be a mom.  That's something that I know will be an adjustment, but I also feel completely capable of handling it.  I'm scared of the actual delivery.  I recently had a traumatic experience trying to do the blood glucose screening (pricked four times and no blood was ever taken).  Sometimes I think, if I can't even handle that situation without an anxiety attack, how am I going to handle delivery?  I guess the good thing is though that I don't have a choice and it will only be one miserable day (followed by a fabulous rest of the day).  I have been given the special blessing of really the most ideal pregnancy and I am hopeful for a smooth delivery.  I really believe that Heavenly Father will not put challenges in your life greater than what you can handle.  I am thankful for a kind and loving Heavenly Father who knows me personally and will give me the strength I need to bring Dawson here.

No comments:

Post a Comment