November Morning

Monday, September 3, 2012

Jessica's 25th Birthday!

We recently celebrated my 25th birthday!  It was a great day because it was the first time in years that I haven't had school/work- gotta love Saturday birthdays!  It was so nice to sleep in and take my time getting ready.  Before we left for the day's activities Dave gave me my presents.

He gave me a beautiful bouquet of roses.

He also fixed my laptop.  I got my laptop when I graduated high school so it's pretty old and slow compared to what's available now.  After I saved what I wanted onto my flash drive, Dave took it to Best Buy and had them basically wipe everything out.  He also had them install more RAM so that it runs faster.  Then, Dave loaded anti-virus software on it, so it will be protected.  Let's just say that my laptop got a major makeover and I'm glad I can actually use it now!

Dave also got me a couple of my favorite things.  He got me a cd with 500,000 computer games on it.  The reason I like it so much is because it has thousands of versions of Mahjong!  Mahjong, despite its simplicity, is hands down my favorite computer game and time waster.  I have no idea why I find it so appealing, but I absolutely love the game and I'm excited to play new versions of it!  He also got me NOW 43.  I have been an avid NOW collector until the past couple of years.  I think I'm about ten behind right now.  However, I love the cds and I love how they can transport you to a different time in your life.  Also, he had to get me the cd because it has my two favorite songs on it from the summer- Call Me Maybe and Boyfriend!

After presents we went to eat lunch at Pei Wei which is my new favorite restaurant.  Pei Wei is like a more casual version of P.F.Chang's and it is delicious!  Later that evening we went to see a play at the Hale Center Theater in Orem.  We saw Arsenic and Old Lace.  We had a good time watching the play which was pretty funny.  I tried to have a man take a picture of us there, but after about four failed attempts I gave up (he kept moving the camera so they were all blurry).  Oh well.  I had a great birthday and I'm excited for the new adventures of my 25th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment