So, I came up with the idea to create a Pregnancy Bucket List. I wanted to make a list of things for Dave and I to do as a couple that won't be as easy once we have a baby. I thought it would be a fun way to create some memories during our final days as a twosome. While we haven't finished everything on the list, we have accomplished the majority.
1. Go to the movies. We decided to go to the Redwood Drive-In Theater. Dave had never been to a drive-in movie, so it was fun to go to one with him. We folded down the seats in our Mazda and created a bed of blankets. The weather was perfect and we had a fun time doing something new! The movies are shown as double features so we saw The Possession and The Bourne Legacy. Our car battery did die after the first movie, but luckily the car next to us was able to give us a jump!
2. Go to Seven Peaks. We were so excited to get the Pass of all Passes for Christmas this year! Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot you can do at Seven Peaks while you are pregnant. However, we were able to go a few times this summer and made the most out of the lazy river and the wave pool. Plus, it's nice to have a way to escape the heat of summer and pregnancy!
3. Go to a nice restaurant. My parents sent me a gift card to Red Lobster for my birthday. We hardly ever go there, so it was nice to have a reason to be able to go. We really enjoyed our nice dinner out!
4. Go to the temple. We were definitely overdue for a trip to the temple. It was nice to be able to go again and experience the sweet peace of the temple. I did have a slightly embarrassing moment though because my dress doesn't fit anymore and I had to have one of the workers get me a bigger one. I felt better later on though when another girl had the same thing happen to her. Oh well :)
5. Take a short road trip. Originally I wanted to go to Moab because Dave has never been there. However, we decided it would be best to do something that involved less walking. Yes, it's true, a couple of months ago I had to trade in my cute shoes for two pairs of Skechers Go Walk shoes. I got one pair in gray for casual wear and one pair in black for work. They are definitely not cute, but my feet don't hurt anymore and I can actually walk pretty fast in them.
Anyway, neither of us have ever explored Park City so we decided to take our short road trip there. We had such a great time! Park City is beautiful! We loved all the cute shops and restaurants as well as the atmosphere. We ate at a yummy BBQ restaurant and got treats at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. We had such a good time that we already have plans for a mini vacation there next year when we can enjoy some of the more physical and adventurous activities!
6. Late night milkshake run. After a fun date the other night, we went to Sonic to get milkshakes and mozzarella sticks. We love that mozzarella sticks are only 99 cents on Saturdays!
7. Go to a play. For my birthday we went to see a play at the Hale Center Theater in Orem. I just love that place! We saw Arsenic and Old Lace. It wasn't my favorite play that I've seen there, but it was still fun to go and do something different together!
8. KFC picnic in the mountains when the leaves change colors. Fall is such an exciting and beautiful time of the year! We had good intentions to picnic in the mountains, but when we got to KFC I decided that I couldn't wait to eat the food. So, we ate our KFC at the restaurant and then drove up to the mountains. We went up Hobble Creek Canyon which was fun for me because I had never been there. The leaves were stunning! We didn't stay too long though, because of course we picked the one cold and drizzly day of the month to go.
9. Buy something for ourselves. This one is partially complete. Dave got what he says might be his last ever computer game. He got the game Guild Wars 2 and has enjoyed playing it! My gift has yet to be purchased but I am planning on getting another piece to add to my Halloween Village!
We only have a few items on the list to complete. Hopefully we can get them done, but if not, we have had a wonderful time completing all the other items.
10. Go mini-golfing. (I would be ok not doing this one because we recently went to the nickelcade and had a great time! The whole point of this item was just to have a fun and inexpensive date.)
11. Play a board game.
12. Romantic dinner at home. (We have had several dinners at home recently. Maybe I should just pull out some candles when we eat and count this one done.)
13. Go camping. I want to have an indoor camping experience for this one. Dave's still not sold on this, so it may not happen. :)
Regardless of whether we finish the list, the important thing is that we have made some fun memories as a couple. We love being together and finding new ways to enjoy one another's company. It will be fun to make new memories as a family of three!