November Morning

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pregnancy Update (possibly the last)

Well, I currently have 10 days until baby Dawson is due!  I can't believe it has come down to counting days instead of months!  While things are still going really well for me, I have finally started to feel big and uncomfortable.  I still get around fine, but movement in general has become more of a chore.  I have made some progress, as far as starting labor goes, but have a lot more progress to make.  I see the doctor tomorrow so I'm excited to see what has happened in the last week!

This is me at 32 weeks pregnant.

This is me at 37 weeks pregnant.

I don't feel like I can possibly stretch anymore, but I'm sure I'll get even bigger before my baby boy comes.  I have, however, finally reached the point where I can say that I'm prepared for the baby to come.  My sub plans for work are 100% complete.  My sub also shadowed me for a day this past week to get an idea for how things run in my classroom which makes me feel a lot better about leaving everything in her hands.  I also held my SEP Conferences early this week so I won't have to worry about them when I come back.  This week I also finished teaching the last session in the Praxis 5031 class I teach for newer teachers.  I felt a lot of stress at work this past week, but I'm glad it's over with and I accomplished everything I needed to.

Dave and I have also finished preparing things around the house.  We've put together the stroller and installed the car seat.  All of Dawson's clothes are washed, organized, and put away.  His diaper bag is packed and ready to go.  I have also packed my hospital bag.  We just barely bought a camcorder as well which I'm really exited about!  It will be so great to capture the first moments of Dawson's life!  We have food in the freezer and the major house cleaning projects are done.  Of course, I can always find more things that need to be done, but I'm mostly satisfied.

I do have a few more decorations I need to finish for Dawson's room, but I'm ok with doing them while I'm on maternity leave if I don't get to them before he comes.

It feels good to feel prepared.  Of course, nothing can really prepare you for parenthood, but I'm glad I've got a handle on the things I can prepare for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment