November Morning

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Last Days of Pregnancy

Well, it's now five days past my due date and little Dawson has yet to come.  I'm not too bothered by it (mostly because I'm terrified of the impending hospital experience) but I am ready to meet my baby.  I kind of feel like my life is on pause right now as I wait for his arrival.  I was so good to get everything done that I needed to before his due date, that now I don't really have anything to do.  This past weekend Dave and I were at a bit of a loss for something to do because we thought we would be busy with a baby.  Of course I can always find chores for us to do (we cleaned the garage and it looks amazing) but we are anxiously awaiting Dawson's arrival.

This is my very last pregnancy picture.  Here I am nearly 41 weeks big!

In the past couple of weeks though, we have been able to add more decorations to the nursery. 
My mom made these really cute curtains!

We hung up this precious picture of Jesus with a baby.

And I finally finished a craft project that I have been working on for months. To make this craft I bought old, cheap frames at the DI.  I also used wooden letters, spray paint, scrapbooking paper, buttons, and my hot glue gun.

I started out by spray painting wooden letters white.

Then I cut the scrapbook paper to fit the size of each frame and glued it on to the piece of cardboard that picture frames come with.

Next, I spray painted all of the frames white. The last step was to glue on the wooden letters to the center of the picture and buttons on some of the frames.

I love the way it turned out!  So fun, cute, and inexpensive!

Now all the room needs is Dawson! :)



1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! You are almost there. I can't wait to see pictures of (and eventually meet) your baby!

    ReplyDelete