November Morning

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thanksgiving Fun!

We had a great Thanksgiving!  My family drove out to our house to spend the long Thanksgiving weekend with us.  My mom was still in charge of the food- I don't think I'm quite ready to take on that task.  I decided to plan some entertainment.  During my maternity leave I joined Pinterest.  It's something that has been on my 'to do' list for awhile, but I've just been too busy.  Anyway, I found lots of fun Thanksgiving games/crafts on Pinterest.  I planned one craft and a Thanksgiving themed Family Olympics. 

On Wednesday evening we did the craft which was to make a turkey out of Oreos and candy.  My inner teacher came out as I was trying to explain the steps to everyone.  Sadly, my siblings aren't six years old and they didn't care much for following my directions or making their turkeys the correct way.  I guess that's why we had so much fun!




On Thanksgiving my mom a delicious feast for us with all of our favorites!




Everything turned out perfectly and we had a nice and memorable time together!

Later on that evening the Family Olympics Thanksgiving edition commenced!  We played Thanksgiving Bingo, Don't Eat Tom, Thanksgiving bowling, Roll a Turkey, and Pin the Gobbler on the Turkey.  Everyone had a fun time with our first ever indoor family olympics.  Pin the Gobbler on the Turkey was probably the funniest event to watch.

My dad was pretty proud that he came the closest!

And of course, everyone got plenty of snuggle time with our little cutie!




Happy Thanksgiving 2012!




No comments:

Post a Comment