November Morning

Monday, February 18, 2013

Christmas 2012

We spent Christmas in Colorado with my family.  It was our first experience flying with Dawson.  I've heard lots of horror stories about flying with babies so I was kind of nervous.  However, Dawson was great on the plane!  Even with an hour delay he slept the whole time we were on the plane.

We flew in on Christmas Eve Day so we got right to the festivities!  We always have empanadas for dinner on Christmas Eve followed by a chocolate dessert fondue.  In the morning we woke up to celebrate Christmas.  Dawson got to wear his "My First Christmas" shirt.  (I bought it during the summer for about a dollar.)




Gregory Family - Christmas 2012





The best Christmas present of all!

The aftermath of a big Christmas morning.

Dawson was such a good boy that Santa brought him some things he really needed.  He got two big swaddle blankets (which he absolutely hates, but absolutely needs to stay asleep) and bath towels!  What an exciting Christmas!  I'm sure next year will be a different story.  Dawson will have to get presents he wants instead of needs.  We had a good time though, and I'm excited to start our own family Christmas traditions as Dawson gets older.

Over the Christmas break, my grandparents and Aunt Gwen came up to see Dawson.  It was fun to introduce them to Dawson.

Here is Dawson snuggling with my Grandma Radeen.

We also took the opportunity to take a four generation picture with my grandma and mom.

And of course, tons of family pictures.

These are all of my siblings with Grandpa Marcus and Grandma Radeen.  I still can't believe how grown up my little brothers and sister are now!


Our little family with Aunt Gwen.


Three generations of parents- you gotta love Dawson's enthusiasm for taking pictures!

We had a good time visiting with relatives for the day.  I was glad they made the trip to come see Dawson. 

We also went to see Grandma Mary one day.  Grandma Mary baby-sat all of us kids since we were babies.  I was excited for her to meet Dawson!  He was pretty clingy while we were there, but he eventually warmed up to Grandma Mary.

The rest of our trip was spent playing games, watching movies, and eating good food.  Part of the good food was introducing my siblings to the delicious Doritos Locos taco at Taco Bell.  They have all been skeptics despite my months of rave reviews.  I finally convinced them to try it and it was love at first bite!



Unfortunately, the fun had to come to an end.  Dave had to go back home to work about half way through the trip so I had to venture the airport by myself with Dawson on the way back.  That was not so fun.  Dawson was pretty good, but I just felt overwhelmed since I only have two hands.  I even asked for help at the airport but the airport staff was less than friendly so I had to man up and do it on my own!  We did make it safely home though with plenty of great Christmas memories.

(P.S.- Check out the cute neighbor gifts I made this year!)


No comments:

Post a Comment