November Morning

Friday, November 29, 2013

4th of July

For the past couple of years, Dave and I have celebrated the 4th of July at Thanksgiving Point.  We really wanted to do that again, but didn't think it would be the best idea with Dawson being so young and having to stay up well past his bedtime.  We also love to eat in Sandy on the 4th because we get to eat at Pei-Wei and Chipotle.  It's a little strange, but I order food a Pei-Wei and Dave orders food at Chipotle and then we eat our food together.  We don't have either of those restaurants close by, so we always go there when we head North.

Anyway, we decided to still eat up there but then came back home for the rest of the day.  Our neighbors always invite everyone on the block to hang out in their front yard, share treats, and do fireworks.  We spent some time with the neighbors but didn't stay too long because I was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes and because I think home fireworks are terribly dangerous. (I had a horrific experience as a child where I witnessed a little girl get severely burned.)


We were curious what Dawson's reaction to the fireworks would be.  To our disappointment, he didn't really care for them or even look at them.  I'm sure next year will be a different story!


Happy 4th of July!






No comments:

Post a Comment