November Morning

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

We're Expecting!

On May 23, 2015 we found out that we were expecting another child!  We were so excited!  We had been trying for a couple of months with negative results so when I saw this test, I almost couldn't believe it. 

A couple of months prior to this, Dave and I made the decision to have me take a leave of absence from work for the next school year.  We felt that it was a good time to expand our family and that it would be so nice for me to stay home during my pregnancy and with a new baby.  Of course, it would be great to spend lots of time with Dawson too!

We had to make this decision before I got pregnant, so it took a leap of faith but we decided that even if I didn't get pregnant it would be beneficial for me to stay with Dawson and have a break from all of the craziness of work.  I'm so glad we had the courage to go through with what we felt was right.  It has been a blessing to me and our family to have me stay home.

This is a picture of sweet Dawson on the day we found out we were expecting!  We can't wait to have another sweet little one.

I had an ultrasound done on June 21, 2015 around 9 weeks to confirm pregnancy and determine a due date.  We learned that we were indeed going to have a baby and a due date of January 17, 2016 was determined.

Here is a picture of me on July 12, 2015 around 12 weeks pregnant.

At 22 weeks pregnant we had an ultrasound to see how the baby was developing and to find out the gender.  We were both so excited to have another baby that we didn't really care if it was a boy or a girl.  We figured if it is a girl then we get what we don't have, and if it is a boy then we already have all of the stuff.  We were happy to find out that everything looked normal with our baby and that we were expecting a girl!  We really didn't get the greatest ultrasound pictures this time because she moved the entire time, but we have a fun DVD to watch.  After finding out the gender, we finally announced our exciting news!

I am so excited to have a girl!  We already had a name picked out - Hazel!  I think it is such a lovely name and I'm glad we get to use it.  I can't wait to have a shopping buddy one day and someone to do girly things with!  I also can't wait to dress her in every cheetah thing I can get my hands on!

My pregnancy has been so different this time that I was pretty sure we were having a girl.  I spent most of June and July feeling sick.  I threw up several times and went through waves of feeling unwell.  Luckily, all of that only lasted for the first trimester.  Since then, I have felt pretty good.  I am generally more uncomfortable than I was with Dawson, but I still get around just fine.

We decided to keep the nursery the same color (gray that turned out blue) and just add purple accents.  We got pretty purple curtains and a super comfy recliner/rocker off of KSL for a great price!

Here is a picture of me toward the end of September at about 24 weeks pregnant.  Notice I'm wearing the same shirt as above (it is one of my new maternity shirts from this go around that I love).

In October we got an exciting package from my good friend Alexa.  She had twin girls about a year ago and was so gracious to send me a ton of cute clothes when she found out I was having a girl.  I had so much fun going through the clothes and I can't wait to see Hazel in them!


At 30 weeks I had to have another ultrasound.  In my 22 week ultrasound it was noticed that I had a low lying placenta.  This basically means that the placenta is blocking the baby's natural exit.  I was told to come back at 30 weeks to see if the placenta had been pushed back or not.  I was pretty nervous during the eight weeks leading up to this ultrasound because I did not want any complications and I did not want to have a C-Section.  At the ultrasound we found out that the placenta had been pushed back and that I would be good for a normal delivery.  What a blessing!

This was by far the coolest ultrasound I have had!  I could actually identify myself what I was seeing and she looked so real.  We even got to see Hazel in 3-D form which was pretty cool!

Here I am on December 20, 2015 at 36 weeks pregnant.

We can't wait to meet you Hazel!
















No comments:

Post a Comment